Graduation

The End of the Beginning

Memories of your years in school can be a mixed bag of emotions. Some of sorrow, some of happiness and some of inspiration. This part of many peoples lives shapes them into who they are today or at least lays the groundwork for what they believe to be true. This is true in my life as well, but recently as I reflect on the experiences of my college career and my high school years, something sticks out. 

Onward and Upward

As I stand on the precipice of this new chapter in my life, I see how each action that lead up to this point has pushed me to greater and more lofty accomplishments. This drive to surpass those who came before me was kindled by those who taught me. As the great Jedi master Yoda once said, "We must become what they surpass.". So I take to heart that there is something more to education then just learning. There is are subtle nudges throughout that push us all to do better, be better and accomplish what those before us could not. This silent yet powerful force has driven me to spend eight years of my life pursuing higher education. Those eight years taught me the value of taking small steps towards your ultimate goal day after day and never giving in to exhaustion. Let me not forget though that through all of this, I was held by One who is capable of all things. He gave me hope when there was none. He lifted my spirit when I was in the valley. He saw me through the greatest losses and grandest of gains. God be praised, for without Him in my life, I would have never made it to this moment in my life. 

What Now?

Many people have asked the almost obligatory question that comes in unison with graduation, "What are you going to do now?". The answer is fairly simple, find a job. My degree field allows me to work in many different companies, but many of the positions require experience in the field. I trust that God will place me where I need to be, but in the mean time I will do my part and search for that place.

Here is to a new chapter in my life. 

Please consider subscribing to my blog so that you can get more great content! Follow along on Facebook by liking our page!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living life intentionally

Trust

Gospel and Truth part 3